December 8, 2010
I have sort of a woodland thing going on with my tree this year and I was inspired to make some new ornaments with things I had on hand.
– some clay (I used DAS, but any air drying clay would do)
– a cookie/pastry cutter of choice
– a small dowel
– some small pinecones
– some string/ribbon for hanging
– paint (optional)
To make one of your own
1. roll out a bit of clay and cut your shape from the clay with your cookie/pastry cutter
2. press the pinecones into the shape(s)
3. use the dowel to pierce a hole in the top for hanging
4. let it dry
5. file down any rough edges, an emery board will work
6. once dry, string your ribbon/twine through the hole you made earlier and secure with a simple knot
7. (optional) I think these look pretty rad already, but I opted to paint the recesses a darker colour and then painted them all over in white)
8. be proud and admire your lovely new ornament!
I would love to know if you make some!!