January 18, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party

Say what?

I’m taking in part in Lori Anderson’s Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a bead soup blog party? Well, you can click that link to find out more of the details, but basically… a whole LOT of people sign up, get a partner, send each other beads that are out of their partners usual style and then you create something using the beads you receive.

It is challenging because it forces you to use materials you wouldn’t normally work with or be drawn to and it’s a lot of fun!

My lovely partner is Virginie from Vivibijoux who I already knew a bit as she is also a member of the Etsy Ireland Team. What luck!!

She makes beautiful, feminine, colourful jewellery and sent me some of the most beautiful handmade lampwork beads, along with some gorgeous glass, some Swarovski and a cute little Sterling heart toggle!

bead soup blog party beads(click to enlarge)

Now I just have to make something with them. Using all of them or some of them, but I must incorporate the focal (not a problem!) and the clasp. I have a while to get it together and I don’t want to rush it.

I can’t wait to play with them, though. Don’t they look good enough to eat?! Like, candy?

I hope she enjoys what I sent her, too.

I’ll be posting the completed piece here on the day of the party, which is Saturday, February 26th.

Can’t wait!

Thank you, Virginie!!

Share on Facebook0Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0share on Tumblr0Tweet about this on Twitter

17 responses to “Bead Soup Blog Party”

1. ruby says:

That is one juicy selection! They really look like slick little lifesavers candies. Have fun and can’t wait to see what you come up with!

2. Rach (admin) says:

Isn’t it?
    They do, huh? :P Delicious!!

3. WOW that was fast! Don’t forget to post them to the Flickr page — I’ll send out a quick email to everyone if you don’t know about it.

4. Rach (admin) says:

Yeah, we’re pretty close to each other. :P
    Already up in the flickr group!

5. […] Here are the lovelies I sent Rach…Straight from my own stash. The focal is from one of my favorite lampwork artist, but each single lampwork bead here has been lovingly handmade by an artisan. Great quality and care. Love the colours. There’s more pictures (and really well taken) by Rachel here. […]

6. Virginie says:

Your photos are soooo good. Much better that mine as I only remembered to take pictures just minutes before I went to the post office! You’ve got a lovely blog, now following it :)
    here’s my post http://vivibijoux.com/2011/01/the-bead-soup-party-has-begun-the-selection-i-sent/
    Don’t forget to can make more than one piece if you wish ;)

7. Rach (admin) says:

Aw, thanks Virginie! They photograph well, so pretty!
    I didn’t even take pics of the ones I sent you, so don’t sweat it. haha
    Thank you for the follow! and of course the beautiful, beautiful beads!!

and I think I may just make a set instead of one piece. We will see! ;)

8. Brandi says:

They look gorgeous! And yummy. They remind me of Skittles candy.

9. Genea says:

Wow! Beautiful! I can’t wait to see what you make. I love the rich earthy colors :D

10. Rach (admin) says:

they are fabulous, aren’t they? :)

11. Carrie says:

oh gorgeous – so colourful i LOVE!!

12. Rach (admin) says:

I love them, too! I just keep staring at them. lol

13. These look for appetising for sure Rach, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Absolutely adore my new earrings btw. Haven’t stopped wearing them since I got them earlier this week! Fi

14. Rach (admin) says:

Don’t they?

I’m so glad you like your earrings, Fi! :) Thank you again!

15. […] this post? It’s here!!! Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? […]

16. […] I am taking part in another wonderful Bead Soup Blog Party! Don’t know what I’m talking about? I’ve done it once before. […]